People who have a garden in their home enjoy it enormously, especially when the good weather arrives, and it is that they always like more to be able to practice some activities outdoors instead of spending a lot of time indoors. That is why garden decoration becomes more important when spring and summer arrive, because it is when more time is spent outside.
If you are looking for a way to improve the garden area of your home, in AgroCorrn we explain how to build a gravel path in the garden to be able to decorate this part easily and enjoy it more.
- Where to buy the gravel to make stone paths in the garden
- Advantages of gravel and gravel for a path in the garden
- Other materials to make an economical path in the garden
- How to make a gravel path in the garden – tips
Where to buy the gravel to make stone paths in the garden
To have an economical path in the garden but that is resistant and that gives good results, we recommend you go to specialized stores.
Here you can find different types of gravel and gravel for garden paths , which are stones of small size and angular in shape, and you can choose between different colors, such as:
- Yellow marble gravel
- Snowy gray gravel
- Red marble gravel
- White gravel or marble
- Volcanic gravel
Advantages of gravel and gravel for a path in the garden
If you have doubts about whether to use gravel for your garden or not, whether for a path, a walkway or a flower bed, we recommend that you take into account the advantages of gravel and gravel, as they are more than the possible disadvantages that are also easily rakeable.
- Both gravel and gravel are easy to install and maintain.
- It is only necessary to clean the weeds in the area that you want to cover with the stones and flatten the ground a little, or completely depending on the finish you want.
- The result is better if you place an anti-grass mesh and gravel and gravel stabilizers, which prevent the grasses from growing between the stones and occupying the path, but it is not difficult to place nor is it mandatory for it to look good.
- It has great decorative potential, so it will help you create your own totally personalized space and thus it will be very easy for you to decorate your garden .
- It helps to optimize the humidity of the garden and to regulate the temperature of the soil, therefore it protects the ground.
Other materials to make an economical path in the garden
To make a path in your garden easily, and also be economical, you can use other materials apart from gravel and gravel . The most recommended are the following:
- rounded corners
- Pine bark
- Decorative rockeries and skittles
How to make a gravel path in the garden – tips
An excellent decorative option for the garden is to make a gravel path , which will undoubtedly give it a great look and help you achieve different environments, as well as a more pleasant and beautiful path to get from one place to another. Take note of these tips for making a gravel path in the garden :
- The first thing to do is decide what the path is going to be used for, that is, it is not the same to do one that you are going to pass several times a day because it takes you from the door to the most important thing in the garden to do. another that goes from one corner of the garden to another and you will use it less.
- The main roads should be between 2-2.5 meters wide, while the secondary roads should be between 1-1.5 meters.
- Design it on paper so that you can take into account not only the available space but also the obstacles that you may encounter along the way, such as trees, buildings, fountains and any other object that cannot be moved from its place.
- When you have it designed, start by marking the edges of the road with powdered plaster or floor marking spray.
- Then you have to lower the entire surface between 5 and 7 centimeters so that when you put the gravel it is at the same height as the rest of the garden. Use a rake or shovel to do this, and the material you get from there can be used to make decorative mounds on the edge of the road.
- When it is already lowered, place a geotextile mesh at the bottom, which will help retain the grasses and not penetrate the gravel.
- Once this is done, it will only be necessary to fill the road with gravel, the most recommended being the 12-24 gauge since it is very resistant to factors such as rain, wind or sun. The gravel can be found in different colors so that you can choose the one that best fits the design of your garden.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to build a gravel path in the garden , we recommend that you enter our Decoration category .
Hello, I am a blogger specialized in environmental, health and scientific dissemination issues in general. The best way to define myself as a blogger is by reading my texts, so I encourage you to do so. Above all, if you are interested in staying up to date and reflecting on these issues, both on a practical and informative level.