Have you ever wondered how to clean the bathroom without chemicals ? Commercial products that are basically made with a variety of man-made chemicals clean and disinfect very well, in general, but they can also be harmful to our health and the environment they are always, from their production to their use and disposal.
Natural products can help you both in regular maintenance and in cleaning a very dirty bathroom. So, in AgroCorrn, we explain how to clean the bathroom in an ecological way . Do you dare to try these simple tricks? You will not regret!
- Natural products to clean the bathroom
- How to clean the toilet with baking soda and vinegar
- How to clean the shower with baking soda
- How to clean the bathroom with lemon and baking soda
- Tea tree essential oil to clean the bathroom
Natural products to clean the bathroom
To begin with, we give you a list of natural and ecological products to clean the bathroom that are more effective and economical, surely most of you will already have them at home.
- Vinegar: wine, apple or white vinegar is one of the most used for cleaning the home. It has always been used. All its versions are powerful disinfectants, but for cleaning the home the wine or white is usually used. In addition, it is very effective in polishing various types of surfaces, such as stainless steel.
- Baking soda: this other product is also a great cleaner, in addition to exfoliating surfaces, making it very useful for areas with more accumulated dirt. It is also used to whiten surfaces. Both using it alone and mixed with other products gives very good results.
- Lemon: the citric acid of this fruit has a very good natural cleaning effect, it serves to descale dirt and whiten surfaces of various types. It is also often used mixed with baking soda . If you don’t like the smell of vinegar this is a good substitute that will leave a fresh and pleasant smell in your bathroom.
- Tea tree essential oil: it is an excellent antimicrobial, so it disinfects practically everything. In addition, it is very aromatic, so it will always leave a good smell in your sink.
So, how to clean the bathroom with natural products ? Very simple, using these products discussed separately or together, as some of their combinations are very powerful. Take note in the following lines of the best ways to clean your sink in an ecological way with the products and steps indicated.
How to clean the toilet with baking soda and vinegar
For cleaning bathrooms with natural products, one of the most used is, without a doubt, white vinegar and wine vinegar. It is very suitable for cleaning the inside of the toilet , as it is very convenient to apply in this area of the sink and helps maintain proper hygiene. In addition, if it is necessary to do a deep cleaning of the toilet, for example if you find that you need to remove the scale from the toilet, the baking soda will be the perfect complement to finish descaling these plaques of lime, residues and pathogens that can harm us. In this way, you will keep the toilet clean without harming your health or the environment.
To clean the bathroom with vinegar for maintenance hygiene, you just have to pour the one you choose, either apple , white or wine vinegar , directly into the bowl, trying to pour it as close as possible to the area where the water falls, where more dirt tends to accumulate. You can let it act for as long as possible before flushing.
But then, how do you clean the bathroom with vinegar and baking soda for a deeper hygiene? Simply, make a mixture with the following ingredients and follow the indicated steps:
- 2 cups or 500 g of baking soda.
- 4 cups or 1 l of boiling water.
- 1 cup or 250 ml of apple cider vinegar.
Cleaning the toilet
- Sprinkle the baking soda into the toilet bowl and let it work for 30 minutes.
- Bring the water to a boil during this waiting time.
- Add the vinegar to the water when it is hot enough and you have removed it from the heat.
- Over time, pour the hot vinegar water down the toilet.
- Pass the toilet brush, or a brush you have for cleaning, to scratch well and thus finish removing all the remains.
- At the end it is not necessary to flush, thus saving water, but you can do it or wait for the next time to use it. By the way, the pipes will be cleaned.
- Also, you can add vinegar water to the toilet brush bowl for better hygiene.
You can do this cleaning as many times as necessary, but between one and two times a week will be more than enough to prevent unwanted tartar stains from accumulating.
How to clean the shower with baking soda
Another way to make a homemade bathroom cleaner is to use just the baking soda, as it is really powerful on its own. As it is very effective at removing encrusted dirt, it is widely used to wash the bathtub and shower, areas where black mold often appears in the joints of tiles and faucets.
You only need this product and water, although the amount you need will vary from how much surface you are going to wash. Simply mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda with 2 tablespoons of water to create a paste and, if you are going to make a large part of the bathtub or shower, you can make more of the mixture but with this proportion.
You will also need a toothbrush that you no longer use or a small brush to better reach the corners of these bathroom pieces. You just have to mix well and dip the bristles of the brush in this cleaning paste, and then scratch and rub well with it the parts that you see necessary, such as the joints and rubbers or where you see stains.
How to clean the bathroom with lemon and baking soda
This mixture is also used to clean the toilet, bidet, shower, tiles, etc., it is used for any part of the bathroom. Bicarbonate is a very effective natural product for washing surfaces, but lemon is another great disinfectant, due to the citric acid it has, as we mentioned at the beginning. For this cleaning trick, you can use lemon juice or lemon essential oil.
The amounts depend on the surface to be cleaned but the ratio is as follows: 3 tablespoons of bicarbonate for 1 glass of lemon juice or 3 tablespoons of bicarbonate for 3 tablespoons of water and 20 drops of lemon essential oil.
You just have to mix well, add more of any of the ingredients if you think necessary and use a toothbrush, or the brush depending on the area, to rub well and remove dirt from the bathroom . Then remove with a cloth dampened with water or with the water from the shower or by pulling the chain.
Tea tree essential oil to clean the bathroom
It is one of the most disinfectant essential oils, as it is a very powerful antimicrobial . When you need to clean a very dirty area, to thoroughly clean the bathroom for example, this is a very good option. You can buy tea tree essential oil at health food stores, health stores, herbalists, and drug stores. You can use it only diluted in water or, enhance its effects with plants such as rosemary or thyme, also disinfectants, aromatic and that give shine to surfaces.
Homemade tea tree oil bathroom cleaner
Depending on the amount of space you are going to clean, you will need more or less ingredients to make this simple cleaner, since you will only use two products. You will need in proportion, 15 drops of essential tea tree oil per 1 liter of water. You will have to stir the mixture well each time you go to use it, if you leave it prepared.
You can use it by pouring it directly on the parts you want to clean. However, we recommend it more for cleaning tiles, the joints of these and taps, so it is advisable to use a cloth or a brush moistened in the mixture to rub the surfaces well. You can use it as many times as you consider necessary, but with once a week or less you will have enough.
Tea tree and rosemary to clean the sink
With this homemade product to clean the bathroom you can clean the tiles, the joints that are turning black, the toilet, the drains, etc. You will see how effective it is. To do this you only have to have 3 branches of rosemary, preferably fresh, 5 drops of tea tree oil and 1 liter of water.
Make the rosemary infusion with the indicated water and when it is cold add the essential oil. Pour the liquid into a bottle with a diffuser and spray it on the areas you need, passing a cloth or cloth to rub well and dry. If you don’t have a bottle, you can use a bucket or bowl and moisten the cloth.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to clean the bathroom in an ecological way , we recommend that you enter our category of Other ecology .
Hello, I am a blogger specialized in environmental, health and scientific dissemination issues in general. The best way to define myself as a blogger is by reading my texts, so I encourage you to do so. Above all, if you are interested in staying up to date and reflecting on these issues, both on a practical and informative level.