Caring for the environment is an issue of great importance in today’s society, since our lifestyle in terms of the high level of consumption of both resources and products and the consequent generation of waste, discharges and emissions have led to the planet land to a situation of degradation and contamination that must be reversed. To contribute to this, there are measures that we can include in our daily lives and put into practice in our homes.
At AgroCorrn we propose some actions to take care of the environment at home .
- Save energy at home to take care of the environment
- Saving water at home to pollute less
- Correct waste management at home to avoid environmental contamination
Save energy at home to take care of the environment
Energy production or electricity production involves numerous industrial processes that involve the consumption of natural resources, the construction of large infrastructures, their maintenance and the generation of waste, spillage or emissions depending on the type of installation. For this reason, any action, no matter how minimal, that helps reduce electricity consumption will at the same time reduce its degradation and the exploitation of natural resources.
- Avoid silent consumption : it is the energy consumption of all those devices that, if they are not turned on, are connected to the electrical network producing constant consumption. This is the case of lit pilots, lamps and other devices.
- Invest in efficient products: when choosing the electrical appliances for our home it is better to bet on sustainable ones that involve less energy expenditure, although at first glance their cost may be higher, they are a good investment, since in the long run they represent a energy saving on our bill. The same happens when it comes to replacing bulbs, it is always better to opt for fluorescent or energy-saving bulbs.
- Optimize energy: it consists of making the most of the energy consumed, for example when cooking, using the residual energy from the glass-ceramic and the oven or in the case of air conditioning and heating devices, taking advantage of the currents of air and sun rays respectively.
Learn more about how to save energy at home to take care of the environment and your pocket in this other AgroCorrn article on How to save light at home .
Saving water at home to pollute less
Water is an essential element for the existence of life as well as for its development. However, instead of respecting this precious resource, human beings waste it and pollute it, preventing and limiting its use considerably, which is why it is increasingly necessary to take advantage of this resource. These are some actions to take care of the environment at home related to saving water:
- Turn off the tap: this is a very simple habit and very obvious to the naked eye, however, in most homes the time elapsed with the tap open is underestimated when it is not being used, when in fact in a single minute 15 liters of drinking water can go down the drain. This happens for example while we wait for the hot water to come out before showering, wasting liters of water.
- Avoid contamination: using the toilet bowl as a trash can or getting rid of some waste such as expired medicines or used cooking oil from the sink makes water purification processes difficult, so it is necessary to eliminate these bad habits to preserve water quality. In the same way, it will be necessary to avoid getting rid of waste or waste in aquatic ecosystems such as rivers, lakes and beaches.
Correct waste management at home to avoid environmental contamination
The consumerism of today’s society implies a continuous generation of waste, much of which is poorly managed, so that it accumulates in landfills or even in natural environments, contributing, on the one hand, to the exploitation of natural resources and, on the other hand, another, to the contamination of the environment. Some practices to avoid this situation are:
- Reduce the generation of waste: on many occasions we replace appliances or articles when they are still useful, simply for fashion or personal taste. Making the most of these elements translates into lower consumption and thus lower production and less waste generation.
- Recycle: the correct separation of our waste in the appropriate containers arranged for it, facilitates its management and consequent reuse thanks to its conversion into new products and in turn, allows other polluting waste to be managed properly through its disposal in points clean. Find out more in this other article on How to recycle garbage at home .
- Make a sustainable purchase : investing in sustainable products that do not present unnecessary packaging or even buying in bulk allows to considerably reduce the production of waste, especially in the case of packaging and plastics.
Finally, you can watch this video and learn more tips that will help you take care of the environment more easily.
If you want to read more articles similar to Actions to take care of the environment at home , we recommend that you enter our category of Other ecology .
Hello, I am a blogger specialized in environmental, health and scientific dissemination issues in general. The best way to define myself as a blogger is by reading my texts, so I encourage you to do so. Above all, if you are interested in staying up to date and reflecting on these issues, both on a practical and informative level.