Although there are places where you can buy organic apple cider vinegar, making it at home ensures that it is truly ecological. More and more people are joining to make their own products at home, as was done before having so much availability of products in the market, and vinegar made from organic or organic apples is one of the products that are most in demand, due to to its great benefits for health, as well as for beauty.
If you are interested in knowing how to make organic apple cider vinegar at home, do not miss the following recipes that we give you in AgroCorrn.
- What is organic apple cider vinegar
- How to make organic and ecological apple cider vinegar
- How to make apple cider vinegar with mother
- What can be done with apple cider vinegar
What is organic apple cider vinegar
It is a type of vinegar that is made from the fermentation of apples of organic or ecological origin , that is, free of having been processed before sale, therefore we can say that they are totally natural and very healthy apples. However, for it to be a truly organic vinegar all the ingredients used during this process must be organic or organic, whether they are grown at home in this way, bought from local sellers or small farmers or bought with the official seal of these products, such as the one guaranteed by the EU. Thus, the resulting vinegar also provides great benefits for health and other aspects of our day to day, such as beauty or even cleaning at home.
Although it does not precisely contain many nutrients, it does have a high content of acetic acid and malic acid and some minerals such as sodium, potassium and phosphorus. Thanks to this composition, the properties of organic apple cider vinegar are as follows, according to various studies such as the so-called Diabetes Care conducted by the American Diabetes Association.
- It helps reduce high blood glucose levels, which is why it is recommended for diabetics.
- It is digestive and satiating.
- It has a great cleaning and regulating capacity of the pH of our body.
- In its long-term intake, it helps reduce accumulated fat and fluid retention.
- Especially thanks to acetic acid, it helps lower blood pressure.
The fact that it is a product recommended for certain diseases, such as diabetes, does not mean that it can be taken without first consulting a doctor , especially if you are already undergoing treatment with medications, since interference and unwanted effects may occur.
How to make organic and ecological apple cider vinegar
In the following recipe we explain how to make organic apple cider vinegar , as it is the correct name since it has to ferment to obtain the final vinegar. It is an easy process although it takes some time, but it is really worth making your own organic apple cider vinegar . Take note of the following ingredients and steps to make it:
- 1 kilo of organic apples (red or green)
- Mineral water
- 1 knife
- 1 wide, sterilized glass jar or jar
- 1 rubber or elastic band
- 1 paper or cloth
- First, sterilize the jar that you are going to use to make this homemade product. You can boil it well for a few minutes.
- Peel the apples, remove the stone from the center and reserve the pulp. If there is any piece in bad condition, remove it.
- Cut the apple into small pieces and add it to the glass jar.
- Pour in the mineral water, enough so that the apple pieces are completely covered.
- Cover the bottle with a paper or a thin cloth that allows the air to filter and use a rubber or elastic band to hold it so that it closes well.
- Leave the jar in a dark place and at a temperature between 15ºC and 26ºC for 2 or 3 days and, after this time, open it to check its condition, you will have to see that a small somewhat thick layer begins to form because it begins to ferment. If not, change the paper or fabric for a more breathable one.
- Once you see that it begins to ferment, you will have to leave it in that same dark place and at the same temperature for about 5 or 6 weeks.
- After this time you will see that there is a much thicker and thicker layer. Then strain the contents to keep the liquid and remove any solid remains.
- Put the liquid back in the glass jar, cover it in the same way and put it back in the same place. This time you will have to stir it a little every 2 or 3 days.
- Taste the vinegar a little each time you stir it until you see that it is ready, according to your tastes.
How to make apple cider vinegar with mother
In this other recipe we will take into account the mother of apple cider vinegar, which adds more intensity to its properties and flavor, usually stronger because the concentration is higher. Apples can be green, red, or yellow, but the first two classes are usually more recommended. Take note of this recipe to make apple cider vinegar with mother :
Ingredients and material
- 5 sweet and organic apples (red ones are the best for this recipe)
- 1.5 liters of mineral water (optional)
- 1 cup of cane sugar or panela (optional)
- 1 large glass jar
- 1 cloth or paper
- 1 knife
- 1 rubber or elastic band
Sugar is not necessary to form apple cider vinegar because the very sweet apples that we use already contain enough sugars to generate fermentation. Thus, if you use sour apples, such as green ones, it will be convenient to use cane sugar or brown sugar, but if you use red or other very sweet ones, it will be better not to add this ingredient. Likewise, water is not necessary for fermentation because the apples themselves already contain water, usually enough. What we recommend is that you first try the recipe in one way and detect improvement points according to the ingredients that you usually have to make this vinegar. Thus, you can see if in your case it is necessary to add sugar and / or water or not.
- Juice 4 of the apples you have with the help of a blender.
- The apple that you have left chop it into segments, removing its center, you can leave its skin. Add it to the glass jar.
- Pour the apple juice into the jar with the slices of this fruit. Here you would have to add the sugar or panela and the water if you see it necessary.
- Cover the boat with a cloth or paper that breathes and secure it with the rubber or elastic band (if you do not have it, you can use a tightly fitting thread or cord).
- Store the jar in a dark place with a temperature between 15 ºC and 26 ºC and leave it for 1 month or 2 months, depending on how quickly the mother is forming, but stir with a wooden spoon once a day. form will enter more oxygen favoring fermentation.
- After this time you can remove the segments, strain it and save it to use it or you can start using it without removing all the mother produced by the fermentation.
What can be done with apple cider vinegar
Among the most common uses of organic apple cider vinegar, the following can be highlighted:
- Organic apple cider vinegar for the skin: it is a good product to use in regular skin care, as it helps to rebalance its pH, has a great cleansing and tonic capacity, so it can also be used to treat pimples, acne, spots blacks and pimples.
- Take organic apple cider vinegar on an empty stomach: it is one of the best ways to take it to treat some of the conditions mentioned in the first section, as well as in cases like the following.
- Organic apple cider vinegar for weight loss: this is a very widespread use, since it is given satiating, digestive and fat-burning properties, as long as it is taken long-term and follows a balanced diet and activates the metabolism with some exercise.
- To clean household appliances: it is an excellent product for cleaning the ducts and drains of household appliances, such as washing machines and dishwashers, thanks to its disinfectant and cleaning capacity that carries dirt away.
- To clean wood, glass and floors: the cleaning effect of this type of vinegar, as with wine, can also be seen in glass, ceramic or marble floors and some types of wood, although it is advisable not to overdo it. use, especially in woods.
- Caring for and improving the skin and hair: as we have mentioned, it is very healthy for the skin, but it is also very healthy for the hair, helping to balance the pH of the scalp and cleaning it in depth, allowing to eliminate dandruff and hair growth stronger. It also adds shine to hair and conditions it.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to make organic apple cider vinegar at home , we recommend that you enter our Healthy Eating category .
Hello, I am a blogger specialized in environmental, health and scientific dissemination issues in general. The best way to define myself as a blogger is by reading my texts, so I encourage you to do so. Above all, if you are interested in staying up to date and reflecting on these issues, both on a practical and informative level.