Ecological makeup products are gaining strength in the market because we are increasingly aware of the need to take better care of our health and the environment. For those who want to put aside products with many chemicals or those that are tested on animals or use animals in some way throughout their production, the new vegan cosmetics are a very good alternative. For example, more and more brands are launching a line of vegan nail polish or even new brands appear that exclusively market these products.
However, there is an option that respects our health and the environment and is cheaper: make your organic cosmetics at home. In AgroCorrn we explain how to make ecological nail polish step by step .
- Chemical or commercial nail polish problems
- Eco-friendly nail polish with henna and white clay
- How to make organic nail polish with vitamin E
- How to paint nails with henna
- How to make natural nail polish with mica
Chemical or commercial nail polish problems
The nail polish or nail polish business are full of chemicals that offer great results, giving a flawless finish our manicure and pedicure, but they have their drawbacks. The chemicals that give such good results and make cosmetics last longer are very harmful to the health of the nails, apart from the fact that the vapors we inhale during manicures are toxic, especially those from nail polish remover or remover.
It is common that with the frequent use of these cosmetics, the nails turn yellow and become brittle , the reason is that they are products that do not provide hydration, nutrition or allow them to perspire, apart from the fact that the chemicals wear down the surface of the nails. .
For this reason we encourage you to learn how to make natural homemade nail polish , eliminating harmful chemicals and taking care of the environment. By making nail polish with natural ingredients we will be providing different benefits to the nails and they will look better, although in any case it is recommended that they also be left unpainted for a few days or weeks.
Eco-friendly nail polish with henna and white clay
If you wonder how to make ecological nail polish in your own home, this recipe will be useful, you will see that it is easy and inexpensive. In this recipe we will use olive oil , one of the most used vegetable oils in beauty, which provides deep hydration and nutrition to the skin and nails, white clay that serves to keep the nail surface clean, helping to provide hydration and nutrition. greater and, finally, natural henna or henna to add color to the enamel. The ingredients are totally natural and easy to get, take note of them and the steps to follow.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- 1/2 tablespoon of powdered white clay.
- Natural henna of the color you prefer the enamel to be (quantity depending on the tone you want).
- In a small bowl, mix the powdered white clay with the olive oil and stir well until there are no lumps.
- When you have a smooth and homogeneous paste, add the henna to give it color. Keep mixing until all three ingredients are well integrated.
- Now that the paste for this homemade and organic nail polish is ready, you can use it. Apply the paste on your nails, having cleaned them well previously, for this you can use a cotton swab or an old nail polish brush. Be careful not to paint your skin, as the henna will dye it equally.
- Let your nails dry for at least 15 minutes and once the paste is dry, clean the nails with a damp cloth or cotton until all solid remains are removed.
- You will see that you have achieved a manicure in the color of the henna you have chosen, but you can play with the shade of the dye and add more quantity if you want your nails to look stronger or darker. If so, although for the next time you simply add more henna to the mixture, this time you can repeat the process and you will get a darker tone.
- To give shine you will simply have to pass a cotton swab with olive oil, or shea butter, from time to time to keep the surface well hydrated.
How to make organic nail polish with vitamin E
In this other recipe to make organic or vegan nail polish we will also use olive oil for the same reasons, but this time we will add vitamin E, which strengthens and hardens the nails, soy or other vegetable wax and alkanet root or dye moth. ( Alkanna tinctoria ), which will add the reddish color to the enamel. Make sure that all the ingredients you buy have an ecological label.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- 2 teaspoons of powdered alkanet root.
- 1/4 of teaspoon of soy wax, candelilla or carnuaba.
- 2 to 5 drops of vitamin E (you can open a capsule).
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil and the powdered alkanet root a little. As soon as they start to get a little hot, remove them from the heat.
- Let the mixture sit for a couple of minutes, then use a fine-mesh strainer to separate any remaining alkanet.
- Pour the resulting mixed oil back into the saucepan and add the wax of your choice and stir it with a wooden spoon and over low heat, until it melts well and everything is integrated.
- At this point add the drops of vitamin E and stir again so that they mix well with the rest of the ingredients.
- With an old nail polish brush, a cotton swab or a small brush, apply the homemade nail polish so that it covers the nails well, but without touching the surrounding skin, since the alkanet can stain it.
How to paint nails with henna
To make this simple henna nail polish , a natural dye used for centuries, only two ingredients are needed: water and natural henna or henna. Choose the natural henna of the shade that you like the most, more yellow or green or redder or darker. To dye your nails with henna follow these instructions:
- Natural red, brown, orange, green or black henna.
- Mineral water.
- Mix the water and henna well in a small container, use a small amount of each ingredient , enough so that the henna is well mixed and without lumps.
- Using a fine brush, apply the paste to your nails, being careful not to stain your skin, unless you want to use this mixture to get henna tattoos.
- Let it sit for several minutes, the longer you leave it, the darker the final tone will be.
- Remove the paste with plenty of water and a cotton ball, wash your hands with soap and water and you will have your nails stained.
How to make natural nail polish with mica
Another option if you want to have more varieties of colors, although it is less ecological, is to use mica. It is a mineral that can be purchased in stores dedicated to natural products or online and is available in various colors, from brown and tile tones to yellow and green.
The problem with using mica to make nail polish is that it is not a dye like henna and there is no natural homemade fixative that we can apply. Therefore, to use it you have to mix it with olive oil, in proportion to the amount that we see that we are going to use at the moment, apply it to all nails and then apply a transparent fixative or top coat and, if possible, make it from a brand of vegan cosmetic products, which will make it an ecological option, while if it is not from a vegan brand we cannot be sure that it is a natural option.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to make ecological nail polish , we recommend that you enter our category of Natural Remedies .
Hello, I am a blogger specialized in environmental, health and scientific dissemination issues in general. The best way to define myself as a blogger is by reading my texts, so I encourage you to do so. Above all, if you are interested in staying up to date and reflecting on these issues, both on a practical and informative level.