There are many reasons to switch to green deodorants. Whether it’s because chemicals easily irritate your armpits, because you don’t like the artificial scent of sprays, or simply because you think – rightly – that you don’t need to have to pollute to smell good, homemade deodorants are a great option. to keep your armpits healthy and flavored.
Do you think it is very complicated? You are wrong, in the following EcologiaVerde article we will explain how to make natural homemade deodorant easily and effectively.
- Harmful effects of deodorant
- Homemade deodorant with baking soda
- Natural homemade underarm deodorant
Harmful effects of deodorant
In recent times deodorants have been in the sights of many people, both researchers and public opinion and consumers. The fact is that studies have appeared that link this product so used by so many people with different problems, both ecological and health.
Since many people do not look at the composition of the products they buy, many people are not aware of the skin problems that can be derived from the use of depending on which deodorants. Many of them are composed of aluminum hydrochloride , also known as aluminum salts, an element that can clog the pores of the skin, preventing it from perspiring normally and eliminating sweat.
If we take into account that sweat is the method by which our body regulates body temperature, preventing it from going out hinders the healthy regulation process, keeping areas that should be hot cold and upsetting the body in general.
In another vein, the use of chemical deodorants has also been related to the appearance of breast cancer , something that is explained by the penetration of certain elements through the skin that end up depositing in this area near the armpits.
An easy way to see that deodorants are not so good is that if we stop using them one day we smell worse, even though for the past time it should not be. That is because this product ends up clogging the pores of the armpits – the same happens with clothes. That is why, from EcologiaVerde, we want to explain to you how to make natural homemade deodorant to prevent all these problems.
Homemade deodorant with baking soda
Ecological homemade deodorant
The ingredients that you will need for this homemade deodorant recipe are the following:
- One-third cup of (corn) starch.
- One third cup of baking soda.
- Essential oil, or lavender, or tea tree or eucalyptus, which have antiseptic effects.
- Sandalwood or peppermint essential oil. that have antifungal effect.
- Coconut oil.
- Vitamin E accepted.
Once you have all these products it will be time to get down to work, then we explain the preparation of this deodorant:
- Mix all the ingredients in an aluminum saucepan, that is, a third of a cup of cornstarch, the same with the bicarbonate, 10 drops of lavender, eucalyptus or tea tree essential oil, 20 drops of sandalwood essential oil or peppermint, 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and 2 tablespoons of vitamin E oil.
- Stir it until you have a smooth paste.
- Scoop this mixture into a scoop deodorant container.
- Apply it when you want, but not much, since it could be uncomfortable.
Effective natural deodorant
This is another recipe with baking soda, however it can be just as effective. You can try both and choose the one you like best. The ingredients you will need are:
- Coconut oil.
- Shea manteca.
- Sodium bicarbonate.
- Essential oil that you like the most.
This should be the preparation of this homemade deodorant:
- Put 2 cups of shea butter and 3 cups of coconut oil in a double boiler until completely melted.
- Turn off the heat and add 2 cups of cornstarch and 3 cups of baking soda.
- Renew well until it is well mixed and add 20 drops of essential oil to give it perfume.
- Put the mixture in a glass container until it cools.
Natural homemade underarm deodorant
Natural homemade deodorant
We continue with the recipes for effective natural deodorants, this time without bicarbonate, but with other products that can be very useful:
- Bee wax.
- Coconut oil.
- Cocoa butter
- Rosemary oil.
- Thyme oil.
- Lavender oil
- Castor oil.
Its preparation is as follows:
- Put a tablespoon and a half of beeswax in a water bath to melt it.
- Add a tablespoon of coconut oil to the honey.
- Later, add half a tablespoon of cocoa butter, mixing well.
- When everything has melted and is well mixed add, one by one, the essential oils.
- Keep stirring and remove it from the heat.
- Put it in a glass container and let it cool.
Liquid natural deodorant
Finally, we are going to give you a very simple deodorant recipe, however it contains alcohol, so it is better not to use it on more sensitive skin. The ingredients are as follows:
- 90 ° alcohol.
- Rosemary leaves
- Lemon essence.
- Witch hazel extract.
The way to prepare this deodorant will be as follows:
- Bring 100 ml of water to a boil.
- When it starts to boil add a handful of dried rosemary leaves.
- Take it off the heat, cover the pot and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- After that time, add 20 ml of 90º alcohol, 10 drops of witch hazel extract and 10 drops of lemon oil.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to make natural homemade deodorant , we recommend that you enter our category of Natural Remedies .
Hello, I am a blogger specialized in environmental, health and scientific dissemination issues in general. The best way to define myself as a blogger is by reading my texts, so I encourage you to do so. Above all, if you are interested in staying up to date and reflecting on these issues, both on a practical and informative level.