The jungle and forests are biomes with ecological functions that are really important for the development of life on the planet, which is why there is a great biodiversity in them. Although this is something they have in common, there are some differences between these biomes, such as, for example, the climate of the forest is not the same as the climate of the jungle and the animals of the jungle are not the same as those of the forest.
If you want to know curious facts, such as how many forests there are in the world and how many forests there are in the world, as well as what is the difference between forest and jungle , continue reading this interesting AgroCorrn article, which will also talk about both the characteristics of the jungle as of the characteristics of the forest.
- Differences between forests and jungles
- What is a forest
- Forest types
- What is a jungle or jungle
- Types of rainforests
Differences between forests and jungles
There are great differences between forests and jungles, the main one being the extension and quantity of vegetation. In summary, these are the differences between forest and jungle :
- The jungle is much thicker and more extensive than a forest , in fact, some areas of it are impenetrable. That is why it is more common for excursions and walks through the forests than through the jungles.
- The vegetation of the forest is composed of weeds, trees, various shrubs and bushes and penetration of sunlight in them is high. On the other hand, in the vegetation of the jungle , which is very dense and practically does not allow sunlight to pass through, trees, lianas, vines and other plant species predominate.
- Regarding the fauna, in the jungle there is a greater population and diversity than in the forest .
- The soil of the forests is richer in nutrients, that is why so much vegetation grows there; Although in the forest there is abundant vegetation, in the jungle there is more.
- Rainfall in the jungle is more abundant.
- Another difference to note is that forests occupy a larger area of the earth , approximately one third, while the area occupied by forests is 6%.
- Some experts say that a jungle can also be considered a forest, but a forest cannot be considered a jungle.
We recommend you read this other AgroCorrn article on What is the importance of forests and jungles .
What is a forest
A forest is more than a large group of trees (basic unit of the forest). A forest is a terrestrial ecosystem characterized by its good use and distribution of energy. A forest is determined by the water courses, the terrain, the type of soil and the different species of animals, plants, fungi and microorganisms found in it. In addition, there are specific cycles of energy, water, carbon, oxygen and nutrients in them. All the biotic and abiotic elements of a forest change depending on the forest in which we find ourselves, since what we find in tropical forests is not the same as in coniferous forests.
Forests are distributed throughout the world , but those with the highest coverage in terms of hectares are located in North America, Australia, the Congo, Brazil and China. Below is a list of the types of forests that exist in the world today.
To classify forests different parameters used to differentiate them . In this article we will see the different classifications of forest types and each of the forests that are part of each type:
Types of forests according to their climate and latitude
Types of forests according to foliage
Types of forests according to their vegetation
Types of forests according to the intervention in them
- Primary forests
- Anthropogenic forests
Types of forests according to human intervention and their impact
- Primary forests
- Secondary forests
- Artificial forests
Here you can learn more about the different types of forests .
What is a jungle or jungle
The jungle , also known as the jungle , contains the most important habitats on planet Earth. There are a large number of flora and fauna species in it. In addition, the trees that are in it are of great height, reason why many are very old. In fact, it is thought to be the oldest biome on the planet .
Would you know how to say, where are the jungles? These cover approximately 6% of the Earth’s surface, located mainly between the Tropic of Capricorn and the Tropic of Cancer, although to a lesser extent in other latitudes of the world. They can be seen mainly on the African, American and Asian continents, also on some islands in Oceania and in some areas of Europe. Therefore, only in Antarctica there are no forests.
Learn more about this topic with this other article about the Rainforest Ecosystem and its characteristics .
Types of rainforests
Like forests, forests can also be classified based on different parameters. These are the different types of forests :
Types of forests according to their climate and vegetation
Types of jungle according to altitude
- Basal or plain forest
- Mountain jungle
- Gallery jungle
Types of jungle according to humidity
- Super humid jungle
- Wet jungle
- Sub-humid jungle
Types of jungle according to latitude
- Equatorial rainforest
- Rain forest
- Subtropical rainforest
- Temperate rainforest
- Subpolar jungle
In this other post we show you more about the Types of forests and their characteristics .
If you want to read more articles similar to Difference between forest and jungle , we recommend that you enter our category of Other environment .
Hello, I am a blogger specialized in environmental, health and scientific dissemination issues in general. The best way to define myself as a blogger is by reading my texts, so I encourage you to do so. Above all, if you are interested in staying up to date and reflecting on these issues, both on a practical and informative level.