The importance of water resides in that it is essential for life, be it animal, plant or another kingdom of nature, as it fulfills fundamental vital functions. Water nourishes our lands with rivers and also balances the temperatures of the planet with the oceans, in addition to being a source of food resources for human beings. Water is a limited resource , proof of this is that, at least at some point, in many parts of the globe there is a shortage of water, either because the rainfall is not enough or because of the worrying contamination of the water.
For all these reasons, it is very important to know what can be done to take care of the water . So, if you have come here wondering what we can do to take care of water at home and, therefore, to take care of the life of the planet, be sure to read this interesting AgroCorrn article where you will find easy and practical solutions to take care of water. The following tips on how we can take care of water will allow us to make efficient use of it, not pollute it and respect aquatic ecosystems.
- Turn off the tap when washing or washing utensils
- Reduces the water in the toilet cistern
- Collect the water while you wait for it to heat up
- Take care of the water installations in your house
- Use appliances efficiently
- Do not pollute the water
- Other tips for caring for water
Turn off the tap when washing or washing utensils
We started talking about how to save and take care of water, indicating that closing the tap while brushing our teeth (or even using a glass for it), while lathering in the shower or while washing dishes can help save thousands of liters. of water that would otherwise be wasted. With the same idea, it is also helpful to stop using a hose to wash our car and use a bucket of water instead.
Reduces the water in the toilet cistern
Another of the best ideas for conserving water is to put a full bottle or two of water in the toilet cistern . This gesture will avoid wasting water, since it takes up space and thus reduces the volume of water in the cistern and the large amount that comes off each time we flush is really almost never needed.
Collect the water while you wait for it to heat up
Another idea to avoid wasting water is to collect the cold water from the shower or the sink tap with a container while we wait for it to come out hot. We can use it later, for example, to fill the bottles that we will place in the toilet cistern, to water the plants, to scrub the floor or to wash the car.
Take care of the water installations in your house
One of the ways to care for your water is to consider facility reviews . It is advisable to check for leaks in the plumbing system and repair water leaks as soon as possible. The constant dripping of drinking water taps and water inlet and outlet pipes in your home can cause several liters to be lost a day, a not inconsiderable amount over, for example, a year. Likewise, it also gives notice to the corresponding person if you see a water leak anywhere outside the home to fix it as soon as possible.
Use appliances efficiently
To make efficient use of our household appliances, such as the dishwasher and the washing machine, it is recommended to complete their capacity to their maximum. This will save both water and energy . In this sense, a good suggestion is to use efficient appliances or type A +++ , they are good for conserving water and also for our pockets.
Do not pollute the water
Here are some tips to avoid polluting the water from your home:
- There is a great variety of highly polluting substances that end up in seas and rivers, preventing the good state of the water, such as oil, antifreeze or brake fluid. Do not throw them down the drain and go to the nearest clean point or green point to get rid of this waste.
- Luckily, we also have other environmentally friendly products. Such is the case of biodegradable detergents (without phosphates), vinegar or bicarbonate for washing, which we recommend to do the laundry and to clean some surfaces of the home.
- In the same way, it is convenient to have a garbage can next to the toilet to avoid giving the latter an inappropriate use and, thus, you will also avoid flushing every time you use the toilet as a garbage can.
- Always respect nature and never throw anything into rivers, lakes or seas. Also, picking up trash from the beach, even that which is not ours, is another good gesture. All this will preserve the health of aquatic ecosystems.
We recommend you read this other article on How water is contaminated so that you better know the origin of this problem and, therefore, some more solutions.
Other tips for caring for water
In addition to all that has been mentioned, many more things can be done to avoid wasting water and keep it in good condition. Take note of these tips to save and take care of water :
- Collect rainwater to irrigate or clean outdoor areas.
- Reuse the water with which you have cleaned the vegetables for watering the plants.
- Take a shower instead of taking a bath.
- Reduce, reuse and recycle to prevent the oceans from filling with plastic.
- Take care of the pool water to avoid renewing all the content every so often.
- Install water savers on your faucets. They are easy to put on and you save up to 50%.
- Make sure that there are no processed products in your diet, as they require a large amount of water for their preparation.
- Don’t buy bottled water if you don’t have to. Up to 5 liters of water are invested in making each bottle.
- Encourage your family and friends to follow AgroCorrn’s advice and all the small gestures that you can think of to improve the state of this precious asset of our planet. Nothing is lost and there is much to be gained!
After knowing all these tips for water care, we advise you to continue learning with these other AgroCorrn articles about Why it is important to take care of water , Water conservation: importance and techniques and Water scarcity: what it is, causes and consequences .
If you want to read more articles similar to How we can take care of water , we recommend that you enter our Other environment category .
Hello, I am a blogger specialized in environmental, health and scientific dissemination issues in general. The best way to define myself as a blogger is by reading my texts, so I encourage you to do so. Above all, if you are interested in staying up to date and reflecting on these issues, both on a practical and informative level.