Climate change is one of the most serious environmental problems in recent centuries. This phenomenon, which happens naturally, has been hyper-accelerated and worsened by human action, which entails, among many other problems, that species hardly have time to adapt and many are disappearing.
If you are looking for ideas to share phrases on your social networks to help raise awareness about this problem, to write on a banner for a demonstration for climate change or simply to learn more about this topic, do not miss this compilation of the best phrases of climate change . You will also be able to see several images with phrases about climate change that will inspire you.
- Short climate change phrases
- Greta Thunberg quotes about climate change
- Leonardo DiCaprio quotes about climate change
- Other famous quotes about climate change
- Phrases about climate change in English
Short climate change phrases
If you are looking for a slogan on climate change for a banner or poster for a demonstration, for your project on this topic or to share with your friends, take note of these short phrases about climate change :
- “The climate is changing, so should we.”
- “The most efficient tool to combat climate change is you.”
- “There is no PLANET B”.
- “We want a system change, not a climate change.”
- “We only have one planet. Let’s fight today for a better tomorrow.”
- “The land is more valuable than money.”
- “Eco, no Ego”.
- “It’s getting too hot here …”.
- “You will die from age, we will die from climate change.”
- “Climate change has a profound impact on the survival and development of humanity. It is a great challenge for all countries.” Hu Jintao .
- “The world will not survive much longer as a captive of humanity.” Daniel Quinn .
- “By the year 2000, the climate will change.” Lyndon B. Johnson (1965).
- “The increase in CO2 will cause global warming.” Eunice Newton Foote (1856) .
- “The greenhouse effect retains heat in the atmosphere.” Jean Baptiste Joseph Fourier (1824).
- “Climate change is due to human activity.” Svante Arrhenius (1896).
- “Climate change is accelerating.” Charles David Keeling (1960).
- “If we double CO2 emissions, the temperature will rise 3ºC.” Jule Charney (1972).
- “Natural phenomena will be increasingly extreme.” Al Gore (2006).
To delve into this environmental problem, we recommend you read these other AgroCorrn articles on the Difference between climate change and global warming , Causes and consequences of climate change and How to avoid climate change .
Greta Thunberg quotes about climate change
This activist has mobilized the youth to confront this problem. These are some of Greta Thunberg’s famous quotes about climate change .
- “Our parents argue about the end of Game of Thrones as the planet burns.”
- “It is the most important crisis humanity has ever faced.”
- “They are failing us young people, but young people are understanding the magnitude of their betrayal. (…) they are watching over you and if you fail us we will never forgive you.”
- “Do you come to us young people for hope? How dare you?”
- “They are not mature enough to tell it like it is. Even that burden is left to us children.”
- “My Asperger helps me not to believe lies.”
- “I don’t want you to have hope, I want you to panic.”
- “We are facing the sixth mass extinction and the rate of extinction is 10,000 times faster than normal.”
- “I want them to listen to the scientists. And I want them to unite behind the science. And then I want them to act.”
- “Please save your compliments. We don’t want them.”
- “When I can be a politician, it will be too late to act.”
After seeing these reflection phrases on climate change, and if you want to get to know this young activist better, do not miss this other article about Who is Greta Thunberg .
Leonardo DiCaprio quotes about climate change
Another of the best known climate change activists of recent times is the famous actor Leonardo DiCaprio . Here you can see some of his best known phrases regarding this environmental and global problem:
- “Pretending that climate change is not real will not make it go away.”
- “Clean air and a livable climate are inalienable human rights.”
- “Climate change is the most important problem of our age. The question is: can we change course in time?”
- “Climate change is real, it is happening now. It is the most urgent threat facing different species and we need to work together and not leave things for later.”
- “Delegates of honor, world leaders: I act to live, you don’t. The moment won’t stop, now it’s your turn.”
- “The destruction of our planet continues at a rate that we can no longer afford to ignore.”
Other famous quotes about climate change
In addition to those already seen, there are many more activists and politicians who deal with this issue on a daily basis and leave us several phrases about climate change , some highly recognized by the 2019 Climate Summit.
- “This urgency from young people, the message that it transmits to us is that we are not doing enough, even when we are aware of what is happening, we are not reacting fast enough and we are not having enough commitment to the answers. note, I listen, I believe that no political leader can turn a deaf ear to this demand for intergenerational justice. ” Emmanuel Macron, French President .
- “Important decisions are needed now to limit greenhouse gas emissions.” Antonio Guterres, Secretary General of the UN .
- “Without the full commitment of the major emitters, all of our efforts to combat climate change will be completely undermined.” Antonio Guterres, Secretary General of the UN .
- “If we do not urgently change our way of life, we put life itself in danger.” Antonio Guterres, Secretary General of the UN .
- “The last five years have been the warmest in the world since there are records and the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere reached an all-time high.” Antonio Guterres, Secretary General of the UN .
- “The fight against the climate emergency is the fight of our life and for our life.” Antonio Guterres, Secretary General of the UN .
- “The climate emergency is a race that we are losing, but it is a race that we can win. The climate crisis is caused by us and the solutions must come from us. We have the tools: technology is on our side.” Antonio Guterres, Secretary General of the UN .
- “Different countries have made various efforts to address climate change, but what we are doing right now is simply not enough.” Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India .
- “There are people who are active and demonstrate, and who pressure us, but there are also people who doubt (climate change), and it is the duty of each government to unite everyone. Angela Merkel, German Chancellor .
- “We have science, technology, knowledge like never before. What we need is leadership, and it is incredible that the two most powerful countries in the world instead of leading these challenges are involved in a stupid tariff war.” Sebastián Piñera Echenique, President of Chile .
- “Science has spoken loud and clear, we need much more ambitious climate commitments and meet them in shorter time frames than those set in the 2015 Paris Agreement.” Sebastián Piñera Echenique, President of Chile .
- “Youth challenges us to protect our planet and ensure human life, citizens ask us to do so and nature implores us to take care of it and it can take care of us. Sebastián Piñera Echenique, President of Chile .
- “I am pleased to inform you that with Brazil, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Guyana and Suriname we signed the ‘Pact of Leticia’ to protect the Amazon so that we have indicators and we can share the management, prevention and protection of this important heritage of humanity.” Iván Duque Márquez, President of Colombia .
- “Rising temperatures will threaten our existence on this planet. Our reports indicate that the impacts of warming are much more serious than we previously thought.” Hoesung Lee, head of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, IPCC.
- “An immediate reduction in greenhouse emissions is necessary if we want to stabilize the climate.” Hoesung Lee, head of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, IPCC.
- We must go further and do things faster in terms of emissions since either we mark a turning point, or we will leave behind the point of no return. Pedro Sánchez, President of Spain .
- Only a handful of fans deny the evidence of climate change and, at this point, there is no alternative but to act with facts, with actions. Pedro Sánchez, President of Spain .
- “Four years after that historic agreement ( Paris Agreement of 2015 ), it is observed how the commitments made by the states are still very weak and are far from reaching the planned objectives. Pope Francis .
These phrases remind us of the importance of realizing the magnitude of the problem and that it is necessary to act as soon as possible to reduce its progress and its consequences, something that is increasingly complicated, since the planet does not recover so quickly. If you want to know more about the consequences and severity of this problem, here we talk about How climate change affects us and How climate change affects biodiversity .
Phrases about climate change in English
There are many phrases about climate change in English and here we collect some of the most interesting, with their translation.
- “We have a single mission: to protect and hand on the planet to the next generation.” François Hollande . (We have only one mission: to protect and hand over the planet to the next generation.)
- “A species capable enough to cause climate change, is also capable enough to cease climate change, but only if we realize our mistakes in time – and that time is now, because later will be too late.” Abhijit Naskar . (A species capable enough to bring about climate change is also capable of stopping climate change, but only if we realize our mistakes in time – and that time is now, because later it will be too late.)
- “We assumed that the ice would be here forever, just like us. We should never assume.” Anthony T. Hincks . (We assumed that the ice would be here forever, just like us. We should never assume.)
- “If we take all this actions and if it turns out not be true, we have reduced pollution and have better ways to live, the downside is very small. The other way around, and we don’t act, and it turns out to be true, then we have betrayed future generations and we don’t have the right to do that. ” Tony Blair . (If we take all these measures and it turns out that it is not true, we have reduced pollution and we have better ways of living, the disadvantage is very small. Otherwise, and we do not act, and it turns out to be true, then we have betrayed future generations and we have no right to do so.)
- “Global warming isn’t a prediction. It is happening.” James Hansen . (Global warming is not a prediction. It is happening.)
- “Our children won’t have time to debate climate change. They’ll be busy dealing with its effects.” Barack Obama. (Our children will not have time to discuss climate change. They will be busy dealing with its effects.)
- “I think calling it climate change is rather limiting. I would rather call it the everything change.” Margaret Atwood . (I think calling it climate change is quite limiting. I’d rather call it the change of everything.)
Now that you have discovered all these phrases about climate change, you may be interested in discovering many more phrases related to nature, the environment and recycling, in short, about caring for our planet.
- The best recycling phrases .
- Phrases about the environment for children .
- Environmental phrases .
- Famous environmental phrases .
In addition, here below you can see more images with phrases about climate change and our video with tips to help prevent climate change or now, rather, help mitigate it.
If you want to read more articles similar to Climate change phrases , we recommend that you enter our Climate Change category .
Hello, I am a blogger specialized in environmental, health and scientific dissemination issues in general. The best way to define myself as a blogger is by reading my texts, so I encourage you to do so. Above all, if you are interested in staying up to date and reflecting on these issues, both on a practical and informative level.