Nature offers enormous benefits to society. Almost all the activities we do on a daily basis, such as showering, eating, traveling, etc., are preceded by some natural resource. However, the abuse of this use has serious consequences for nature and all living beings that inhabit it, including us.
For this reason, from AgroCorrn, we want to explain how to take care of natural resources in order to continue enjoying the benefits they bring us and take care of the planet. Read on to find out what you can do.
- What is the overexploitation of natural resources
- How to take care of natural resources
- How to take care of nature
What is overexploitation of natural resources
The exploitation of natural resources refers to all those activities carried out by humans for the extraction and processing of raw materials found in nature. People use these goods to obtain energy and to manufacture industrial and consumer products.
The problem comes, like everything else, when natural resources are abused . Since ancient times humans have been taking advantage of nature in this sense. However, as society has progressed, this use of resources has increased sharply.
In this way, the overexploitation of natural resources causes their depletion , since the massive and excessive use does not give nature the opportunity to regenerate its assets.
Unfortunately, today humans carry out this practice with both renewable and non-renewable energies, and it causes serious associated consequences, such as the extinction of species, the increase in global warming, environmental degradation, natural disasters, etc., reaching affect even ourselves.
In this other AgroCorrn post you can learn much more about the Overexploitation of natural resources, its causes and consequences .
How to take care of natural resources
In order to take care of the environment and avoid the overexploitation of natural resources and its negative consequences, below, we offer you a detailed list with tips on how to take care of natural resources .
Rule of the 3Rs of ecology
One of the most effective ways to take care of the environment and its resources is by avoiding pollution and the production of new goods. Therefore, we advise you to follow these rules at home:
- Reduce: minimize as much as you can the daily consumption of goods and energy expenditure. For example, turn off the lights when you’re not using them and take advantage of natural light.
- Reuse: before disposing of a product that may have another use, give it another try! Also, try to opt for products that can have more than one use, such as cloth napkins instead of paper.
- Recycle: if you are no longer going to use that container, product, or any other waste, better separate them and throw them into the appropriate container according to whether they are organic, plastic, cardboard, glass, metal or toxic.
Here you can see more about The 3Rs of Ecology: Reduce, Reuse and Recycle .
Use public transport
Whenever possible, use public transportation to reduce car pollution in big cities. In the case of choosing to travel by car, it better be electric.
Help keep the planet clean
It is very important that when we visit a beach, a forest or any other natural ecosystem we respect its environment and do not leave our garbage there. Keep the planet clean, avoid damage or any modification of the environment you visit. Millions of animal and plant species depend on these ecosystems and their balance to survive.
Eat organic products
The use of organic products such as organic fruits and vegetables allows us to take care of the environment since during the production period neither fertilizers nor other polluting products are used. In this other article we explain how to know that a product is ecological .
Help the production of oxygen by planting trees and taking care of green areas. Likewise, we must not cut down trees, carry out activities that can cause fires, or apply chemicals to plants.
Learn how to plant a tree step by step with this practical guide.
Use reusable bags
One of the products that most pollute natural ecosystems, especially aquatic ones, are the millions of bags that are used daily in supermarkets, since they take many years to degrade and many animals eat them thinking they are food. To fight against this contamination, choose to get a cloth bag and reuse it in your purchases for several years.
Avoid artificial chemicals
Discard from your shopping list, or reduce as much as possible, all those chemicals that are not respectful with the environment, such as artificial chemicals or that are not found in nature.
Help us expand these tips to get stronger. Share this information, as well as a more detailed one that expands on it, with friends and family and warn them of its importance.
How to take care of nature
Here are more ideas for you to take care of nature and commit to its protection:
- Avoid single-use plastics such as straws or straws or plastic cutlery.
- It helps to educate in respect, solidarity and citizenship. A walk through Nature Reserves can provide valuable learning.
- In addition to public transport, you can also choose to cycle or walk.
- Turn off the tap when you’re not using it, even for a moment.
- Unplug appliances that are not in use.
- Use rechargeable batteries.
- Use energy saving light bulbs.
- Buy products with reusable and recyclable packaging, as well as those that do not require as much packaging and have been made from recycled products.
- Collect your pet’s droppings.
- Reuse old or used notebooks or papers as erasers to save paper.
- Participate with environmental NGOs that help take care of and promote actions to help nature and the species that live there.
In addition, in this other article you can find more information about caring for nature, as we tell you how to take care of forests .
If you want to read more articles similar to How to take care of natural resources , we recommend that you enter our Environmental Education category .