If you’ve ever wondered how natural soaps are made and you’re curious about learning how to make them at home, you’ve come to the right place. At AgroCorrn we encourage you to try various recipes for organic products to make at home, whether for cosmetics or remedies. For example, it is becoming more and more fashionable to give away homemade or handmade soaps or even buy them for yourself. So why not make them at home ?; it is actually an economical, ecological option if you avoid ingredients that are harmful to the environment and are healthier than commercial products with chemicals. If you dare to try it, keep reading and discover how to make natural herbal soaps with these simple recipes.
- Benefits of natural handmade herbal soaps
- How to make homemade rosemary soap
- How to make natural rue soap
- How to make soap with lavender flowers
- How to make homemade calendula soap
Benefits of natural handmade herbal soaps
They are also popularly known as medicinal soaps , although they should not be confused with medicated soaps that have medication in their composition. This type of homemade and natural products have been made all our lives in homes, but as the world market has grown, these customs have been lost, since buying finished products saves you time and you do not need to be acquiring new knowledge for each product that you want or need, it is something understandable in this society. Sometimes we forget that there are simple things and that if we make them at home they are cheaper, they respect the environment and our health more, since we control the ingredients that we include.
This type of soaps are used not only to wash the body, hands or hair, but also to treat skin problems, although it is recommended that if there is a strong outbreak of said problem or it is recurrent, medical treatment is followed and used soaps as a support for this, to relieve symptoms. Therefore, there are soaps indicated for sensitive skin, eczema, rosacea, acne, oily skin, and so on.
Thus, among the main benefits of natural herbal soaps stands out being able to help in the treatment of skin problems in a natural way, as well as keeping it healthy, avoiding the use of excessively synthetic chemical products and, in addition, we save money and take care of our planet.
At AgroCorrn we always choose to give recipes that respect the environment, like the ones we show you in this other article on How to make homemade soap without caustic soda . For this reason, below, we give you recipes of natural handmade soaps with herbs so that you can choose the one that will best serve you according to your skin type or the dermatological problem that you present and, at the same time, help to take care of the environment.
How to make homemade rosemary soap
We started this compendium of recipes to learn how to make easy homemade soaps with herbs with a very popular one: rosemary soap . This plant contains camphor, flavonoids, caffeic and rosmarinic acid, among other components, and has really beneficial properties for the dermis, such as antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and soothing properties. You will see that we add aloe vera , which is perfect for treating the skin because it is very hydrating and regenerating, and olive oil, which is very nutritious, moisturizing and repairing. If you want to know how to make artisan rosemary soap, take note:
- 50 g of powdered saponaria root
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves and flowers (fresh rather than dried)
- The gel of 2 or 3 aloe vera leaves
- 100 ml of olive acceptance
- 1 liter of water
- Heat the water in a pot and when it starts to boil remove it from the heat.
- Add the herbs (saponaria and rosemary), cover the pot and allow it to rest for about 30 minutes or 1 hour. You can also boil it for 15 minutes, instead of making an infusion, as it is the minimum time to extract the saponins that have a cleaning effect like soap. Saponaria is the most common soap plant for making artisan soaps, but other plants with saponins can be used.
- Strain the infusion and pour it into a large bowl or container.
- Add the aloe vera or aloe vera gel and the olive oil and stir well. If you have not bought the gel, you can take it directly from the stalks or leaves if you have aloe vera at home.
- When all the mixture is well integrated, pour it into a mold.
- Allow it to harden in the fridge for the necessary time, until it is the desired consistency, and then remove it from the mold and cut it however you like.
You can add, at the time of making the infusion, more medicinal herbs, such as lavender, lavender, thyme, mint, etc., to your liking. To give it more aroma and make it last longer, you can add a few drops of essential oils that you like, including that of rosemary itself.
How to make natural rue soap
For those who wonder how to make a body soap with medicinal plants, rue may not be one of the best known plants to make these products, but for those who have been using them for a long time, it is well known and highly appreciated. Rue is a plant that serves to lighten the skin, has antifungal, soothing, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
In addition, vegetable oils , such as olive, are added for their properties, but also when we seek to make soap in bars and not liquid, because with the saponaria alone it is rather liquid and, on the other hand, with the oil it solidifies.
- 50 g of ground or powdered saponaria.
- 1 liter of mineral water.
- 200 ml of olive acceptance.
- 2 tablespoons fresh or dried rue leaves and flowers.
- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan or pot, add the two herbs as soon as the boiling begins and after a minute over high heat, remove the saucepan from the heat and cover.
- Let the saucepan, being well covered, the infusion rest for 30 or 45 minutes, maximum. Instead of infusion, you can boil the saponaria as mentioned in the previous section, for at least 15 minutes .
- Strain the liquid into a container or large bowl to remove the large leaves, but if you want pieces of leaves and flowers in the soap, leave some in the infusion.
- Add the olive oil and mix well until it is integrated. If it costs you a bit, you can heat the mixture in the saucepan for a few minutes and on low heat so that the ingredients are well integrated.
- Let it cool a bit and when it is warm pour the mixture into the mold, leaving it in the fridge for as many hours as possible so that, when it has the right texture and consistency, you can unmold it and cut it well.
How to make soap with lavender flowers
If you were wondering how to make handmade soaps for weddings, to sell or as a gift , lavender is one of the most demanded, since its smell and color tend to be very popular. Among the properties of lavender for the skin, we highlight that it is exfoliating, antiseptic, healing and moisturizing. Learn this recipe to make homemade lavender soap :
- 50 g of ground or powdered saponaria root.
- 1 tablespoon of lavender leaves and flowers (or lavender if you can’t find lavender).
- 75 ml of olive acceptance
- 1 liter of water
- Bring the water to boil in a saucepan over high heat, when it starts to boil add the saponaria and the lavender leaves and flowers to make homemade soap.
- After 15 or 20 minutes, remove the saucepan from the heat and cover it to rest for 10 more minutes.
- Strain the infusion, but do not remove all the lavender leaves and flowers.
- Add the olive oil and stir well until everything is integrated and remember that, if necessary, you can heat the mixture a little more.
- Let everything cool when the mixture is as homogeneous as possible, better if you store it in the refrigerator when it is warm or already somewhat cold, never hot.
- After a few hours, as you see the consistency of the soap, you can unmold it and cut it to your liking.
How to make homemade calendula soap
Finally, calendula is another of the best known among plants and medicinal herbs to make soaps . The reason is that among its properties are great benefits for the skin, since calendula is a great soothing, regenerating and healing, analgesic and anti-inflammatory. This is the recipe that we propose to make artisan marigold soap . We will add aloe vera since it has similar properties and therefore it will be a more beneficial soap for skin that needs to be treated for these problems, such as irritation, eczema, atopic skin, etc.
- 50 g of powdered saponaria root.
- 1 tablespoon of calendula leaves and flowers.
- The gel of 2 or 3 aloe vera leaves.
- 100 ml of olive acceptance.
- 1 liter of mineral water.
- Heat the water in a saucepan over high heat so that when it reaches the boiling point you remove it from the heat.
- Add the herbs and cover the saucepan, let it rest for 30 or 60 minutes.
- Strain the infusion and transfer it to a large bowl.
- Add the aloe vera gel and oil and stir well. Remember that if you don’t have a purchased gel, you can get it from the leaves if you have the aloe plant.
- When all the mixture is well integrated, you can pour it into the mold.
- Let it harden in the refrigerator, until you see that it has the consistency you are looking for.
- Unmold and cut the calendula soap into the shape you want.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to make natural herbal soaps , we recommend that you enter our category of Ecological Products .
Hello, I am a blogger specialized in environmental, health and scientific dissemination issues in general. The best way to define myself as a blogger is by reading my texts, so I encourage you to do so. Above all, if you are interested in staying up to date and reflecting on these issues, both on a practical and informative level.