Wondering how to make natural coconut soap ? Then you have come to the best place to learn it. In this AgroCorrn article we want to show you what this natural artisan soap is for, and so you can see the reasons why it is so beneficial for our skin, as well as give you several recipes to make coconut soap in an ecological and simple way at home.
If you are interested, start looking for the ingredients and materials to prepare your soaps. Gather ingredients such as grated natural coconut, coconut oil, saponaria, water, cocoa or shea butter, etc., and get to work with these recipes!
- What is coconut soap for: properties and benefits
- How to make olive oil and coconut soap
- How to Make Coconut Honey Soap
- How to Make Coconut Oatmeal Soap Step by Step
- How to make coconut oil, aloe, and rosemary soap
What is coconut soap for: properties and benefits
Coconut-based soap, whether it contains grated natural coconut and coconut oil or only has one of the two ingredients, is full of properties that offer great benefits to our skin. Among them, we highlight the following properties and benefits of coconut soap.
Very moisturizing and nourishing for the skin
Coconut and, especially coconut oil , is a very nutritious food for all layers of the skin and, in addition, it deeply hydrates them. Therefore, it is one of the best natural products to include in creams, deodorants, soaps and other products used on the skin. For this reason, it is especially good for dry skin.
Great cleansing and exfoliating effect
This tropical fruit has great antiseptic power, making it ideal for keeping the skin clean and healthy. In addition, it is a great exfoliator that helps remove debris and dead cells, leaving the skin smoother and healthier. This property can be used both from the fresh product and from the oil, but above all from the natural zest.
Ideal for oily, dry and sensitive skin
We have already mentioned that it is very good for dry skin, and for the same reason and because it is soothing, especially the oil due to the fatty acids it contains, it is also ideal for sensitive skin. In addition, it helps to regulate the pH of the skin, being a fairly neutral product, which helps both to relieve irritated or hypersensitive skin, as well as to regulate excess sebum that occurs in oily skin.
Natural acne treatment
Due to the properties mentioned before, it is also a good soap for acne and that, in addition, you can easily prepare at home. It is suitable to help in the treatment of this dermal problem because it is antiseptic, eliminating bacteria and other microorganisms that can worsen acne, such as fungi, and it also regulates the pH and sebum of the skin.
Thanks to the great hydration, the fatty acids or oils and the vitamins it has, it is a good soap to help delay the appearance of wrinkles and age spots. If you want to use coconut soap for the body and face to prevent and reduce wrinkles and blemishes, we recommend that, in addition to the ingredients in these recipes, you add to the recipe of your choice a vial of vitamin E; you will notice greater effects in less time.
Good for treating skin infections
As we have also indicated a few lines ago, this natural product has antiseptic properties, including being antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral. For this reason, it is a good option to prevent and help treat skin infections caused by both fungi and bacteria.
Here are several options for coconut soap recipes , using organic coconut oil as the base and natural grated coconut optional to include a more natural touch and a greater exfoliation sensation. If you like natural soaps in which there are herbs and flowers that offer greater exfoliation, among other properties, then we recommend that you also consult this other AgroCorrn article on How to make natural herbal soaps .
In addition, you will see that in these recipes we speak of saponaria ( Saponaria officinalis ), a plant that produces the reaction to obtain soap and that is totally respectful of our skin and the environment at all times. We use it instead of caustic soda because many people consider it difficult to obtain (depending on where you live) and, in addition, during its use it can be dangerous, for us and the environment, especially if it is not used correctly. that its reaction is aggressive when the temperature rises to about 80ºC. Another ecological option is to use, instead of caustic soda or soap, yucca root or vegetable glycerin .
How to make olive oil and coconut soap
Follow this recipe to learn how to make natural soap with coconut oil without caustic soda in which we include olive oil , or another vegetable oil such as almond oil, and grated coconut (as an optional ingredient).
- 250 g of saponaria powder or leaves
- 100g coconut oil
- 450 g olive oil
- 1.5 l of water
- Natural coconut shavings
- Bring the water to a boil, but a few seconds after boiling, remove the pot from the heat.
- Add the saponaria and leave the pot covered for between half an hour and a whole hour.
- With a strainer filter the infusion to keep the liquid and remove any remains that may remain.
- With the liquid in a large bowl, add the olive oil and coconut oil, but make sure the latter is liquid first.
- Stir well until the mixture is uniform, pour it into the mold of your choice and let it cool.
- If you want to add coconut shavings, as well as some aromatic herbs, this is the time. You can grate this fruit and some herbs of which you like to combine the smell with the coconut, just on top of the soap, remaining on the surface of the mold.
- When it is at room temperature, which will not take long, store the mold in the fridge so that the soap hardens well. It can take several hours or even a day, depending on various factors. When it has the consistency you want, remove it, unmold and cut the soap as you prefer.
How to Make Coconut Honey Soap
In this other recipe we explain how to make natural coconut and honey soap , two very moisturizing and nourishing ingredients for the dermis, perfect for dry and sensitive skin. In addition, both have great antibacterial capacity, so this soap is good for cleaning wounds, although in this case it is advisable to pass the tablet through the hand with water and then the hand through the skin and not the tablet directly. Another great property of these products, especially honey, is that they are very good healing agents, so when there is a scar, and there are no scabs, it is a very good soap to wash the affected area.
- 75 g of saponaria
- 900 g of Shea or cocoa manteca
- 2 tablespoons of natural honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Coconut grated (variable amount)
- Make a concentrated infusion with little water and the saponaria (or yucca root or else, melt the vegetable glycerin).
- Melt the shortening in a saucepan or pot over low heat.
- Add the coconut oil and honey while you stir the ingredients.
- When you see that it is a homogeneous mixture, with the integrated ingredients, you can add natural coconut grated if you want the final soap to have these pieces inside and out. If you prefer it just on top, wait to add it when it is starting to cool in the mold.
- Add the infusion of concentrated saponaria (there is little amount of liquid left) and keep stirring until everything is bound again.
- Pour the mixture into the mold, preferably silicone, and allow it to cool. Typically, it takes about 5 hours to cool down and begin to form. A trick so that it takes less time to be ready is that, when the mixture begins to be warm, you keep the filled mold in the refrigerator.
- Unmold the coconut and honey soap when you see that it looks good to use.
- Cut it to the shape and size you prefer and leave the soap bars to finish airing and hardening in a cool place. You can use it the next day.
How to Make Coconut Oatmeal Soap Step by Step
By including oatmeal, this recipe for homemade coconut soap becomes one of the most suitable for sensitive skin or those with problems such as psoriasis and eczema. Thus, this cereal is a great painkiller and together with coconut oil and cocoa butter they can deeply hydrate the dermis and relieve dryness and irritation.
- 150 g of saponaria
- 2 or 3 tablespoons of oatmeal powder or crushed flakes
- 250 ml of coconut acceptance
- 170 g of cocoa manteca o Shea butter
- 1 l of water
- Boil the water with the saponaria and the oats for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the stove, cover it and let it rest for half an hour and warm.
- Strain the infusion pouring the result into the mold, add the butter and oil.
- Mix the ingredients well. If you see that you have too much liquid you can add butter and coconut oil or remove a part of the infusion.
- When you see that it is homogeneous, let it cool down and, when it is at room temperature, store it in the refrigerator so that after a few hours, or more than a day, it has the right texture to cut it into tablets of the size that suits you.
How to make coconut oil, aloe, and rosemary soap
This soap is ideal for oily and acne-prone skin, as the three main ingredients have pH-regulating properties of the skin and sebum, as well as being antiseptic. To prepare coconut soap with aloe vera and rosemary , using coconut oil and natural fruit shavings, as well as aloe vera gel and the flowers and leaves of the fresh rosemary plant , simply gather these ingredients and follow these steps:
- 80 g of saponaria (or, use yucca root or vegetable glycerin)
- 50 g rosemary
- 250 ml of coconut acceptance
- Gel of 2 or 3 aloe vera leaves
- Natural coconut shavings
- Prepare the concentrated infusion of saponaria and rosemary. Use three-quarters of the rosemary for the infusion if you want to add a part of the fresh plant later so that there are pieces in the soap bars.
- Remove the remains of the infusion and add the coconut oil and the aloe vera or aloe vera gel.
- Mix so that the ingredients are integrated. At this point you can add the coconut shavings or do it when it is in the mold starting to warm up so that it is only on top.
- When the mixture is warm, pour it into the mold and let it cool down.
- When it has the texture you want, unmold and cut the soap into chunks.
If you want to read more articles similar to Coconut soap: what it is for and how to do it , we recommend that you enter our category of Organic Products .
Hello, I am a blogger specialized in environmental, health and scientific dissemination issues in general. The best way to define myself as a blogger is by reading my texts, so I encourage you to do so. Above all, if you are interested in staying up to date and reflecting on these issues, both on a practical and informative level.