Ecology, sustainability and technology are three concepts that come together in solar kits for self-consumption . These photovoltaic products are the cheapest and simplest option to be able to supply yourself with electrical energy in your own home, motorhome or even boat and, in addition, it is an environmentally friendly system.
Next, in EcologiaVerde, we explain how solar kits for self-consumption work , what their benefits are and the best tips to buy the home solar kit that best suits your needs.
- What are solar kits for self-consumption and their types
- How solar kits for self-consumption work
- What power is needed for a self-consumption photovoltaic kit
- Benefits of the solar kit for self-consumption
- What solar kit to buy
What are solar kits for self-consumption and their types
The solar kit for self-consumption of an isolated house or house , neighborhood communities, motorhomes and other places that need electricity, is a system for the installation of photovoltaic solar panels , which allow the transformation of solar energy into electricity. Therefore, the solar home kit is perfect for self-sufficiency in single-family or isolated homes, neighborhood communities or other fixed installations such as country houses or warehouses or, even, mobile structures, such as caravans, mobile homes or campers, among others.
There are basically 4 types of solar home kits , classified according to their function and the type of need they must satisfy. The one that stands out the most is the solar kit for self-consumption of homes , neighborhood communities and condominiums, since it is the one that coexists with the electricity grid, in accordance with current regulations, which translates into self-sufficiency and, therefore, reduction of the energy expenditure of homes and facilities, thanks to the conversion of solar energy captured by photovoltaic modules to electrical energy. In this line, the home solar kit is a commitment to self-sufficiency and 100% renewable energies.
- The solar kit for houses and isolated dwellings.
- The solar water pumping kit.
- Solar kits designed for mobile homes or vans.
How solar kits for self-consumption work
The main objective of a solar kit for self-consumption is to transform, from solar panels , the solar energy that they capture into electrical energy , so that it can be used in a home. For the operation of the solar kits for self-consumption , in addition to the main panel, these also have an inverter, in charge of transforming the electrical energy of the photovoltaic panels into direct current and stationary batteries that optionally will serve to accumulate the excess of energy production or, to be able to provide us with said energy during periods when production is lower.
Once the inverter has been connected to the input of the power control switch (ICP) of the house, the electrical consumption of the house will be taken directly from the photovoltaic installation . In the event that the energy need is greater than that provided by this installation, the current will be taken from the electrical network. Thus, a parallel relationship between both energy sources is established and electrical cuts will be avoided at times when more electrical current is required.
Unlike other installations, the home solar kit is designed with photovoltaic panels connected to the electrical network , so that the distribution of energy is much better and more adapted to household appliances.
What power is needed for a self-consumption photovoltaic kit
Another important point is the power that is needed for a solar kit for self-consumption. In this sense, the number of panels that we install at home will determine the energy that we are capable of self-producing, as well as the savings that we will obtain from the electrical network.
To be self-sufficient, an average of 3 solar panels of about 320 W of power is necessary for every 2,000 kWh of consumption per year. However, to select the home solar kit that best suits our needs, we must take into account both the characteristics of the solar panel and those of the home itself. On the one hand, it is important to take into account that a 320 W panel occupies 1.5 m2, so it is necessary to have this surface on the roof for its installation. On the other hand, the monthly energy consumption may also change the size of the installation.
Benefits of the solar kit for self-consumption
Among the benefits of installing a solar kit for self-consumption we highlight the following:
- It is a great opportunity to bet on renewable and sustainable energy.
- Save on your electricity bills.
- Thanks to the home solar kit you can obtain an energy use of up to 50%, which translates into a 40% saving in electrical energy and up to 70% savings on the price of our bill.
- The initial investment will be amortized between the following 6 and 11 years, having a guarantee of optimal operation of the installation of up to 35 years.
- Without a doubt, another great advantage of installing a solar home kit is to protect the environment, since the self-consumption energy that will be generated will be clean.
- Solar home kits guarantee your own current production adapted to your needs.
What solar kit to buy
Here are some tips for buying a solar kit :
- Before installing any self-consumption solar kit, it is important to know the efficiency that suits your needs: from maximum energy savings to the space available in your home.
- In addition to the power required, it will be important to take into account the quality and performance of the installation. In this sense, making a greater investment in high-end equipment will allow you to increase production (around 25%) and, at the same time, ensure that its durability is greater, between 30 and 35 years.
- When buying it, we recommend you check the price of a solar kit for self-consumption that suits your needs. The range is usually between € 1,500 and € 2,000 per installed KW of power, an amount in which installation costs must be taken into account, but which continues to be profitable regardless of the situation of the home or its electricity consumption. Also, you can usually count on financing if necessary, depending on the type of plate selected and the amount.
- The customizable solar kits are a perfect option for the installation to be tailored and according to your needs.
If you want to read more articles similar to Solar kits for self-consumption: how they work , we recommend that you enter our Renewable Energies category .
Hello, I am a blogger specialized in environmental, health and scientific dissemination issues in general. The best way to define myself as a blogger is by reading my texts, so I encourage you to do so. Above all, if you are interested in staying up to date and reflecting on these issues, both on a practical and informative level.