Palm trees are wonderful plants that beautifully decorate any space, especially gardens and parks . Not only are they important for their great beauty, but all their fruits can be used tremendously for their consumption, thanks to which many palm plantations work.
If you want to know all the fruits that palm trees bear, do not miss this AgroCorrn article about the fruits of palm trees .
What fruits do palm trees bear
Not all palm trees bear the same fruits. Below we explain what fruits palm trees bear according to their type :
- Dates : you can get them with specimens such as Syagrus romanzoffiana, Butia capitata, Aiphanes caryotaefolia, Cocos nucífera, Phoenix dactylifera or Jubaea chilensis.
- Edible buds: you will get them in species such as Acantophoenix rubra, Chamaerops humilis, Dictyosperma album, Syagrus romanzoffiana, Cocos nucifera, Roystonea regia and Sabal palmetto.
- Sugar : especially good in Arenga pinnata and Phoenix sylvestris.
- Aceites: Syagrus romanzoffiana, Cocos nucifera, Elaeis guineensis, Attalea cohune y Roystonea oleracea.
- Honey : not only can bees provide it, get it from a palm tree with Jubaea chilensis and Phoenix canariensis.
- Alcoholic beverage : Pseudophoenix grape, Borassus flabellifer, Caryota carries Cocosnucifera, polybag gineensis, Mauritius flexible O is commonly known.
- Wax : don’t eat this! but find it in Ceroxylon andicola and Copernicia prunifera.
Palm tree associations
A lot of time is spent learning about palm trees and it is something that is constantly growing, so you can always take advantage of any specimen . Diseases, genera, species, reproduction, cultivation or pests are topics that have been studied in depth so there is a lot of information on all of them.
At the international level there is an association that is dedicated to compiling all this information, it is the International Palms Society , which comprises more than 80 countries and some 2,000 members. In Spain, the “Association of friends of palms” has also been created , so the evolution of these plants in our country is constant, as is the information on them.
If you want to read more articles similar to Palm fruits: what they are called, names and types , we recommend that you enter our category of Cultivation and care of plants .
Hello, I am a blogger specialized in environmental, health and scientific dissemination issues in general. The best way to define myself as a blogger is by reading my texts, so I encourage you to do so. Above all, if you are interested in staying up to date and reflecting on these issues, both on a practical and informative level.