The cica is one of the many varieties of palm that there are, it is a specimen for indoors that can also be put outdoors and that can reach up to 2 meters in length. It has rigid, bright green leaves that form like bouquets. In pot it can be between 50 centimeters and 2 meters high, depending on the environmental conditions and also the care you offer it.
In addition, its flowers are small and cone-shaped and its style is very similar to that of any palm tree. In this AgroCorrn article we explain how to care for the cica, an indoor palm tree .
How to care for the cica palm tree
Here are the main cares for the cica palm tree so that you can get the most out of it:
- Fertilizer : It is done during the spring or when the end of summer arrives and if you put any fertilizer, be very careful not to put too much, it is better to stay short than to go too far.
- Irrigation : It is a species that does not need a lot of water to be able to develop and live well, so it will be enough for you to water it every two weeks, although if you see that the substrate is partially dry, you can do it before.
- Light : Being grown as an indoor palm tree it will need a lot of light, so it must be next to a window to receive it well. In any case, it is not convenient for it to receive the sun’s rays directly during the hours when it is strongest, which is usually between 12 noon and 4 in the afternoon. If you are going to put it outside, let it be in a place where there is semi-shade.
- Temperature : This variety feels better in hot climates, although it can withstand temperatures down to -11ºC and also frost if you grow it in the ground. As for the temperature limit, 42ºC is the maximum that is recommended since from there it will not be able to withstand much.
- Substrate : It is advisable to use forest soil, especially if it is mixed with organic residues.
- Transplant : You must do it every three years and always during the spring. It must be done whether you need it or not.
If you want to read more articles similar to Care of the cica, an indoor palm tree , we recommend that you enter our category of Cultivation and care of plants .
Hello, I am a blogger specialized in environmental, health and scientific dissemination issues in general. The best way to define myself as a blogger is by reading my texts, so I encourage you to do so. Above all, if you are interested in staying up to date and reflecting on these issues, both on a practical and informative level.