The tractors are special self – propelled vehicles used to push or tow trailers, implements or any other machinery or heavy load that you need to use in your field or garden. Some are intended for agriculture, others for construction and also for the maintenance of green spaces. They have a great capacity to adhere to the ground and with their use the labor used in agricultural work has been reduced as well as the mechanization of loading tasks that formerly required the effort of animals such as oxen, donkeys or mules. . At AgroCorrn, we explain how tractors work.
How a tractor works
Tractors are divided into several parts:
- Chassis : is the part of the vehicle that holds the mechanical components, the suspension of the wheels and the powertrain.
- Motor: it is the part of the machine thanks to which it is put into operation.
- Transmission: includes the gearbox, clutch, differential, wheels, bearings or power take-offs.
- Pulley: it is a simple machine that serves to give strength to the tractor.
- Direction: thanks to which you can direct the vehicle to one place or another.
- Brakes: essential part to be able to stop the tractor when you consider it necessary.
The tractors have one or more systems to use tools, although the standard is in the back and has three arms which you can attach a plow, a mincer, mower, fertilizer or other agricultural machine. To drive some tools, they usually have a power take-off consisting of a shaft that is driven by the vehicle’s engine through a gear transmission.
Today all tractors are equipped with a parallel hydraulic system with the elevator to be able to supply a flow of oil to the implements. The first to appear were steam tractors and they were used in pairs in 1890 to plow back and forth using a cable between them.
If you want to read more articles similar to Operation of tractors , we recommend that you enter our category of Other ecology .
Hello, I am a blogger specialized in environmental, health and scientific dissemination issues in general. The best way to define myself as a blogger is by reading my texts, so I encourage you to do so. Above all, if you are interested in staying up to date and reflecting on these issues, both on a practical and informative level.