When we talk about green walls, we are not saying anything other than having vertical gardens that become green walls. It is a nice way to enjoy your plants without having to have too much horizontal space. If you have a good wall you can create a spectacular green wall, both outside and inside your home.
But sometimes, when you want to make this type of vertical garden, you do not know which plants may be the most appropriate, perhaps because of the climate or where the wall is located. But that’s why, in this AgroCorrn article we tell you details about plants for green walls so that you can have your vertical garden and make it attractive and pleasant, as well as being easy to care for!
- Small plants for vertical gardens
- Hardy plants for green walls
- Group the ones for green walls by types
- Easy-care plants for a vertical garden
Small plants for vertical gardens
The best thing to have a nice green wall is that you choose plants that are small because that way they can hook well to the green wall and that they can survive with a better quality of life. The plants with small roots will also be a good choice for your green walls. In this way it will be able to develop better, grow in good conditions and not get sick or have to suffer from pests or unwanted diseases.
Hardy plants for green walls
Although they are small plants, it is necessary that they also be resistant plants. Therefore, you should look for outdoor plants that can adapt well to the environment in which you find yourself in case it is outdoor or that they are indoor plants in case you want an indoor green wall.
Group the ones for green walls by types
An excellent idea to choose the plants for a green wall is to do it thinking about the types you want to plant. Once you have it clear, when you place them, it is better that you group them by type of plant . In this way, your plants can have a place in each part of the wall where they can be grouped and you will ensure that each one receives the attention it needs according to its characteristics.
You will also need to think about the sun and water needs that each of the plants needs so that they do not lack anything and you can take care of them and grow healthy.
Easy-care plants for a vertical garden
In your vertical garden you can think of putting as many plants as you want, but they should be the ones that you like the most and make you feel good. There are a wide variety of plants, but some that will surely not let you down are:
- Cat’s claw: Cat’s claw is a plant with a beautiful flower that hardly needs a lot of water because it is considered a desert plant and it can live very well. The peculiarity of this flower is that it needs a lot of sun, so it is better if you have it in a vertical outdoor garden. You will love to see how it opens during the day and closes at night.
- Anthurium: it is a climbing plant and its leaves will enchant you because they are very decorative (usually in red) especially for a vertical indoor garden. They have an oval shape and are quite thick. If you decide to have this plant for your vertical garden, then group them together so they can have the same care.
- Geranium: Geranium is a beautiful plant that will add a lot of color to your green wall. They are ideal for outdoor gardens and you can enjoy a wide variety of species and many colors. You will only have to choose those that you like the most to be able to enjoy them on your green wall.
These are just one example of plants that you can enjoy on your green wall, now you just have to think about which plants for green walls you prefer and plant them.
If you want to read more articles similar to Plants for green walls , we recommend that you enter our Garden Care category .
Hello, I am a blogger specialized in environmental, health and scientific dissemination issues in general. The best way to define myself as a blogger is by reading my texts, so I encourage you to do so. Above all, if you are interested in staying up to date and reflecting on these issues, both on a practical and informative level.