The rose of Jericho is a precious plant that belongs to the Selagineláceas family, which in turn receives the diminutive of Selago. The smallest species are often confused with moss since they are very similar, and comprise more or less about 700 species that are distributed around half the world. In Spain we only find two natural species but they are very beautiful so it does not matter that there are not more.
It is a plant that does not usually exceed 60 centimeters in height, so it is perfect for both indoors and outdoors. The stems can grow upright or creeping. The Rose of Jericho is one of the most common species, which has the official name Selaginella Lepidophylla. In EcolgíaVerde we show what the care of the rose of Jericó is.
Most important care of the rose of Jericho
- Lighting: It does well anywhere, but it does much better if it is in a shady area, especially during the summer when the sun is strongest.
- Temperature: it is not recommended that it be at temperatures below 16ºC, and very extreme hot temperatures do not do well either.
- Humidity: it needs it in a high degree, so if it is very hot it is convenient to spray the leaves daily.
- Cultivation: it can be grown in pots or terrariums, and is perfect for decorating rockeries. It can be planted at any time of the year, there is no time that is better than another for it.
- Soil: you must provide a soil rich in organic and soft substances. Ideally, the compound should contain at least peat and sand.
- Pests and diseases: it is a plant very prone to aphids attack, so you should monitor it frequently to prevent it from being attacked.
- Multiplication: it is done in a very simple way, and it is best to do it by dividing into plants, always during the spring.
If you want to read more articles similar to Jericho Rose Care , we recommend that you enter our Growing and plant care category .
Hello, I am a blogger specialized in environmental, health and scientific dissemination issues in general. The best way to define myself as a blogger is by reading my texts, so I encourage you to do so. Above all, if you are interested in staying up to date and reflecting on these issues, both on a practical and informative level.